Welcome to Room 16's Website
-Thursday, September 21st • Dad's Night Out • 7-10 pm
-Friday, September 22nd • Clay Forming in Room 13 • 8:10-9:30 am
-Friday, September 22nd • Scholastic Book Order Due
-Wednesday, September 27th • Mom's Night Out • 7-10 pm
-Monday, October 9th • NO SCHOOL • District-Wide Professional Development
Ideas for Reading at Home:
- Find a quiet spot and read independently.
- Partner read with a family member. Every other page or every other chapter works great.
- Read aloud to a sibling or friend. Use expression! (Picture books are great for this!)
- Bring your book in the car and read while riding or waiting for your siblings.
- Listen to a family member read a more difficult book to you.
- Listening to challenging books is a great way to improve your vocabulary and become a better reader.
- Listen to books on a CD and read along in the book.
- Every week, read at least one book on the computer and take a quiz: Raz-Kids.com