LGUSD is committed to integrating technology into all aspects of the curriculum. Visit the links below to become familiar with some wonderful resources on the Internet today.
Best Search Engines for Students
World Book for LGUSD:
WB Online Login & Password are provided by your teacher.
All Grades K-8
Photo, Video, Audio & Clip Art Resources
Web Resources by Grade Level
All Grades K-5
Interactive activities, a newsletter, and other great projects and resources.
- Cells Alive!
An interactive website about cells and nuclei
- Cow's Eye Dissection
Watch online. Learn more about eyes or do your own dissection.
- Energy Consumption – Explore this simulation to see how much energy is needed to heat and cool homes in different cities in the US at different times of the year.
- Power Up! – Explore this interactive to find out about the different energy sources used to produce electricity in the United States.
- Future Power – Help determine what fuel source a community should use to keep costs low and produce the least carbon dioxide.
- How to Light Up a Room – Different properties of window covers affect how much light is absorbed, reflected, and transmitted. Explore how five kinds of window covers affect the light that enters a room.
- Mineral Resources – Explore how mineral resources are in everyday objects.
Digital Literacy – Internet
Digital Literacy – Productivity
Digital Literacy – Creativity
National Educational Technology Standards
The National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) are published by the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).
Dear Van Meter Parents or Guardians and Students,
The goal at Van Meter School is to provide a safe and friendly environment - an environment which is cohesive with our character traits of respect, cooperation, responsibility, compassion, acceptance of diversity, honesty, caring, effort, self-discipline and good judgment. There is a minimum of school problems because time is given to reviewing the school policy and standards with our students In the classroom and at home.
We ask all students and their parents to read and discuss our school rules and standards; and then sign below. This is a community effort so we need all our families and staff members to be part of making Van Meter School a safe and happy place. Thank you for taking the time to review this important policy.
The Van Meter Staff
I have read the Van Meter Character Traits, rules and behavioral expectations. I will do my personal best to follow the rules and make our school a safe and happy place fore everyone.
Parents or Guardians:
I have read and discussed the Van Meter School Character Traits, rules and behavioral expectations. I will help to support and reinforce the school’s policy throughout the year.