8:10 - 8:30 Morning Activities
8:30 - 10:00 Math Block
10:15 -10:30 Recess
10:30 - 11:45 Language Arts Block:
- Reader’s Workshop
- Writer’s Workshop
- Word Study
11:45 - 12:30 Lunch
12:30 - 2:15 Read aloud/Science/Social Studies
2:15 - 2:23 Clean up/Announcements
Music is on Monday afternoon and Library is on Thursday morning.
Ideas for Reading at Home: 15 minutes every day.
- Find a quiet spot and read independently.
- Partner read with a family member. Every other page or every other chapter works great.
- Read aloud to a sibling or friend. Use expression! (Picture books are great for this!)
- Bring your book in the car and read while riding or waiting for your siblings.
- Listen to a family member read a more difficult book to you.
- Listening to challenging books is a great way to improve your vocabulary and become a better reader.
- Listen to books on a CD or Audible and read along in the book.
- Every week, read at least one book on the computer and take a quiz: Raz-Kids.com
Nov/Dec 2017 - YSI Ohlone Program, Sanborn Park
April/ May 2018- Seymour Marine Lab, Santa Cruz