Welcome to Room 21! This is going to be a great year full of learning!
8:10-8:30 Morning Work: Spelling/Grammar/Handwriting
10:30-12pm Writer's Workshop & Reader's Workshop
12:45-1:00 Read Aloud
1:10-2:10 Science/Social Studies
2:10-2:23 Homework/Jobs/Clean Up/Dismissal
Pull-Outs will be:
PE: Monday, Wednesday, Fridays
Library: Thursdays @ 9-9:30pm
Ideas for Reading at Home: 15 minutes every day.
- Find a quiet spot and read independently.
- Partner read with a family member. Every other page or every other chapter works great.
- Read aloud to a sibling or friend. Use expression! (Picture books are great for this!)
- Bring your book in the car and read while riding or waiting for your siblings.
- Listen to a family member read a more difficult book to you.
- Listening to challenging books is a great way to improve your vocabulary and become a better reader.
- Listen to books on a CD and read along in the book.
- Every week, read at least one book on the computer and take a quiz: Raz-Kids.com
November- YSI Ohlone Program, Sanborn Park
February - DeAnza Planetarium
TBA- Seymour Marine Lab, Santa Cruz